£ 20000 - £ 25000 / Year
Transport & Logistics - Transport Admin
· Job type
Transport and Logistics
· External Reference
Adecco Recruitment are currently recruiting for on behalf of our client, a Traffic Clerk to work for a successful and growing family business in Morecambe.
Our client operates in a highly regulated international road transport environment. From vehicle management, health and safety to compliance with national and international road traffic regulations, it is paramount that all employees understand their role and the company expectations placed upon them.
The principal goal is to provide a first-class delivery service to premium manufacturers and their customers.
* Follow directions and guidance from the Traffic Manager; ensure tasks are clear before commencing them; if in any doubt, ask.
* Ensure customers are dealt with promptly and politely.
* Review all delivery notes before commencing bookings, ensure contact details are available and correct.
* Upload data to the traffic management system (TMS). All jobs are correctly inputted in to the TMS and invoiced in a timely manner.
* Advise other Traffic Clerks and the Traffic Manager of any discrepancies; generate possible solutions before presenting the problem. Issues must be closed out with clear communication to all relevant parties (Customer, Traffic Manager, Warehouse Manager, other Traffic Clerks etc.).
* All manufacturer notes must be accompanied by a docket. They will be initialled and date stamped by the Traffic Clerk at the time of booking.
* The Warehouse Manager must be briefed in good time of any particulars with the load and when the truck is expected to depart the depot.
* Advise the Warehouse Manager immediately of any late additions or cancellations. Similarly, any discrepancies must be brought to the Warehouse Manager with subsequent actions identified.
* Assist all traffic departments with bookings and load planning.
* Ensure all planning folders are maintained, the Traffic Manager must be made aware of any last-minute changes or urgent requests.
* Maintain regular engagement with drivers and porters; ensure they adhere to company policy and directions and legal regulations.
* Ensure all deliveries made have a proof of delivery (POD) uploaded on to the TMS.
* Any deliveries that fail to occur, must be captured in the TMS and prioritised accordingly. Manufacturers and customers must be engaged by the Traffic Clerk to resolve the failed delivery.
* Manage furniture returns and their swift onward return to manufacturers.
* Liaise with manufacturers, answer queries and resolve discrepancies.
Qualifications and Experience
* An understanding of logistics and traffic regulations.
* A proficient level of IT skills and a working knowledge of traffic management systems.
* Punctual, polite, and presentable at all times.
* Able to communicate effectively with staff and customers.
Our Client's Values
Expertise / professionalism: Really knowing your stuff. Applying your unrivalled knowledge in a practical way, unselfishly sharing information with others.
Execution: Making things happen. Connecting the dots and seeing what needs to be done, and the best way to do it. Proactively driving and delivering results, and continually helping to achieve targets.
External Focus: Tuning in to what's going on, and not just in your own role. Understanding how the wider business works and helping to improve processes at all times.
SMART: S - specific, M - measurable, A - achievable, R - realistic and relevant, T - time-based
* All weekly loads planned in a timely manner.
* All furniture accounted for and all bookings confirmed.
* Notes maintained (on TMS and hard copy).
* Discrepancies closed out with clear communication to all relevant parties (the customer, Traffic Manager, Warehouse Manager and other traffic clerks).
* PODs checked and invoicing complete.
* Punctual, polite and professional.
Please appy now for immediate consideration
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy