Industrial & Manufacturing and Production - Manufacturing
· Job type
Industrial and Manufacturing
· External Reference
We are looking to recruit a Shift Supervisor, this is an exciting opportunity with an award winning manufacturing client based in West Cumbria.
Working in parallel with the an existing shift supervisor, and reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, the Shift Supervisor is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the entire shift based workforce in the facility.
· Ensuring HSE best practices are followed throughout department as to prevent injury.
· Ensuring that all safety related incidents are thoroughly investigated and accurately reported in a timely manner.
· Ensuring that positive culture of hazard and near miss reporting is fostered on their shift.
· Ensuring compliance to PPE, SSoW, Quality Standards and Housekeeping standards across their shift.
· Opening up and securing the facility at start and finish of the working day. (Key Holder Responsibilities).
· Managing the Time and Attendance of all employees on their shift, including return to work interviews and absence/disciplinary investigations.
· Enabling the production of quality products off the machines and highlighting deviations from the production plan in a timely and effective manner.
· Managing the escalation of issues with machines or product quality in line with the agreed escalation procedure - at all hours.
· Being the first point of communication with the Internal Account Managers in relation to progress updates against planned production and delivery schedules.
· Working constructively with their shift, production planning, Manufacturing Manager and Maintenance Team, to continuously drive improvement in safety, quality waste and machine efficiency.
· Driving adherence to the plan and reporting off norm productivity in the daily operations meetings.
· Promoting an open, professional and positive culture on their shift
Key Skills & Knowledge
· General mechanical knowledge is essential.
· Experience of working within a manufacturing environment.
· Experience of leading and motivating teams.
· Experience of, and the ability to work towards tight production deadlines without compromising safety and quality expectations.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to identify and act upon process improvement opportunities.
· The ability to use reporting tools and understand their outputs to judge performance against key departmental metrics.
· Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and SMED techniques would be an advantage.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Please apply with your CV to: Jodie Law