Greenford, Greater London
£ 19.19 - £ 19.57 / Hour
Office and Secretarial - Executive PA
· Job type
· External Reference
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To provide comprehensive business, secretarial and administrative support to the Senior Leadership Team in a confidential manner and in line with strategic priorities to ensure that all work is prioritised and processed efficiently, in accordance with deadlines. Manage general project work, including research and analysis along with conducting administrative tasks as designated by Senior Leadership.. Be the first point of contact for Senior Leadership for internal and external enquiries and support the development of effective relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders at all levels within a complex and sensitive political framework.
· Provide support to the Senior Leadership Team to ensure they are informed of important issues of political, financial and reputational risk, particularly relating to topical and sensitive issues that are a priority for the business, and liaise with key stakeholders on these issues where appropriate.
· Exercise knowledge of the full range of legislation and Government policy affecting local Government and its services, responsibilities and the organisation as a whole and undertake research and gather intelligence on key policy changes, issues and projects as directed and in support of the Senior Leadership Team.
· Exercise understanding of the Council's decision-making process and the form and function of cabinet, committees and scrutiny in day-to-day tasks and activities.
· Provide guidance and support to the Senior Leadership Team on the administrative use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) facilities and identify opportunities to utilise ICT for improved service delivery.
· Manage and maintain the diaries of the Senior Leadership Team, organising and prioritising meetings and appointments to ensure that leadership time is utilised effectively.
· Maintain electronic departmental annual events/meetings calendar.
· Arrange and provide support to meetings and conferences including circulating agendas, preparing and organising papers, arranging travel, assisting attendees, taking minutes or action points, producing reports and undertaking any follow up action as appropriate ensuring that due processes are followed.
· Ensure telephone calls are dealt with efficiently and courteously. This will include taking comprehensive messages, evaluating which calls need the direct attention of Senior Leadership and which queries can be dealt with personally. In addition, logging and following up on complaints and monitoring progress with responses to queries and complaints.
· Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence including post, emails and other communications, making decisions on day to day priorities, redirecting correspondence to other sections/division as appropriate and raising any high-risk issues with Senior Leadership to ensure that key responses and communications are issued promptly and appropriately. Establish, maintain and monitor circulation lists (e.g. from project working groups, meetings, etc.)
· Develop and maintain information and filing systems including confidential information ensuring efficient retrieval of files. Ensure that confidential information is handled, transmitted and stored securely.
· Ensure that all the office equipment is accessible and in good order.
· Ensure that all records kept and maintained meet the requirements of the Freedom of Information and Data Protection Acts and ensure that all staff are familiar and adhere to the same.
· Undertake project and development work as directed by Senior Leadership to deliver the required outputs. This includes planning work programmes and schedules to ensure forward planning, reminder and progress chasing are in place.
· Manage and provide cover for other PAs and SPA's during leave and absence.
15. Provide cover for their respective Executive Support Manager during leave and absence
16. Work flexible hours in accordance to fluctuations in workload and work off-site when necessary.
17. Coordinate and administer the provision of recruitment information and packs to support Senior Managers deliver the recruitment and retention strategy for their department.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy