Market Harborough, Leicestershire
£ 25000 - £ 28000 / Year
Procurement & Supply Chain - Buyer / Puchasing
· Job type
Procurement and Supply Chain
· External Reference
We are recruiting for an expanding company based in Market Harborough. You will have background in purchasing experience ideally within the construction industry.
Some of duties will include:
· Liaison with other departments, design, commercial and construction teams, finance, non-construction procurement and logistics
· Assisting in large and global purchasing.
· Produce and maintain all reports / real time and issue related reporting
· Fully conversant with SAGE and other standard MS packages
· Collate purchase orders and purchase requisitions in order to order materials, goods and supplies.
· Expediting and following up on deliveries, with inspection where required. This will include working alongside the logistics manager
· Review inventories and orders as required.
· Review deliveries against the orders and track status
· Supplier visits as necessary.
· Ensure that any invoices are sent to accounts for payment.
· Research and obtain quotes for bid estimation process.
You will have the below skills/experience:
· Analytical Skills: work with multiple vendors to determine the best deal for the company, and be able to evaluate the many pros and cons of each submission, based on price, quality, speed of delivery and other factors.
· Decision-Making Skills: be able to use the information gathered by yourself and the purchasing agents to make decisions on behalf of the company.
· Negotiating Skills: capable of working with suppliers to achieve the best deals/outcome.
· Ability in and experience of construction purchasing
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy