£ 19000 - £ 20000 / Year
· Job type
Engineering, Aerospace and Automotive
· External Reference
Our client based in Worcester is looking for an experience Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their team.
If you are looking for your next step in the world of accountancy and finance then this is the role for you.
Our client is happy to support with ongoing studies and training whilst working as part of an integral accounts team.
Receive and post invoices to Sage promptly
Chase all outstanding invoices, whether internally for sign off or externally from suppliers.
Assist with implementing new processes and procedures.
Process all payments through Sage.
Ensure foreign payments to Clipouro, Jutu and Gera SRL are processed through to PO.
Ensure purchase ledger cashbooks are reconciled to Bank and Sales ledger cashbook AR/AP contra.
- Ensure all suppliers are paid to their terms and conditions.
- Ensure all purchase orders are assigned to a supplier invoice in a timely manner.
- Monthly supplier statement reconciliation on a rolling basis.
- Ensure creditor listing is kept up to date, for example, trading name/address/commodity codes/credit limits/VAT numbers etc.
- Maintain a log of invoices awaiting authorisation.
- Recognise accruals / prepayments and liaise with the Financial Controller.
- Ensure VAT is accounted for correctly.
- Ensure special codings are processed for Arval, Parcelfore & other invoices.
- Keep coding spreadsheet up to date as Bible no side notes, liaising with Financial Controller.
Maintain relationships with suppliers & internal departments.
Any other ad-hoc duties requested by the Financial Controller.
· Looking to become a professional accountant with AAT Level 2 or equivalent, yet needing to gain experience on a purchase ledger, for up to 3 years, whilst studying towards the AAT qualification.
· Ability to take responsibility for the whole of the purchase ledger and to meet all deadlines.
· Sage experience preferred but not essential.
· Must be a team player.
· Willingness to learn new accounting packages, efficiently.
if you are interested in this role then apply today and for more information please contact Nick @ our Worcester office 01905 732790 Email:
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Please apply with your CV to: Nicholas Badger