Leeds, West Yorkshire
Accountancy & Finance - Cashier
· Job type
Banking and Financial Services
· External Reference
Job Title: Member Services Advisor
My client is a well-established financial institution based in Leeds with over 10 offices in and around West Yorkshire. They are looking for someone who can really make an impact in their flagship Merrion House branch. This is a customer facing with great customer service and integrity being very useful skills sets for the role.
Managing many aspects of banking, savings and loans your success is paramount to the success of the branch. A meticulous & process orientated candidate with strong English is very desirable.
You would be welcomed into financial services industry with plenty of hands on experience and training. With a preference in the business to always hire internally development opportunities are available also.
Hours are 8.30am - 4.15pm Monday - Friday 35 hours a week
If you are interested please apply to the role or call Matt Lawson on 0113 218 6530
Main Purpose of Job
Delivering the very best member service by treating customers fairly, whilst spotting opportunities to generate sales leads and meet defined business targets and objectives.
* To meet and exceed defined business objectives, and targets to ensure sustainability of the branch
* Maintain high and accurate standards of member service and adhere to defined service levels and procedure manual
* Ensure accurate balancing of own till and cash bag
* Deliver and process cash transactions face to face.
* Contribute to treasury and cash ordering management
* Support members with the completion of application forms and any other queries
* Build relationships with the Members and the team
* Continually identify potential risks i.e. Money Laundering and Fraud
* Follow member service, compliance, audit and security processes and procedures
* Seek continually to update knowledge on all products and services - Loan assessment, Savings, Dividends.
* Challenge existing practices and methods, proposing solutions to promote a high level of member service
* Proactively take ownership of own development needs
* Flexibility in approach to the role and offer support to other branches
* Demonstrate the principals of Treating Customers Fairly philosophy and regulation
* Complete the daily and weekly spread sheets for Management Information
* Support head office administration during busy times.
* Proactively look for new and innovative ways to develop business for the branch and organisation
Process transactions to and from members accounts
Advise members on all aspects of Credit Union Services
Administration of Members Accounts
Liaison with Credit Control
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
"GCSE" level standards of education
Demonstration of a high level of initiative and forward thinking.
Well-developed Financial Skills
Well-developed IT skills
Good interpersonal skills
A flexible approach to business needs
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy