Public Sector - Housing
· Job type
· External Reference
MEMBER & RESIDENTS SERVICES OFFICER
MONDAY- FRIDAY 9AM- 5PM (36 HOURS)
3 MONTH ASSIGNMENT (POSSIBILITY OF BEING EXTENDED)
£14.51 HOURLY RATE (PAYE)
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Responsible for assisting with investigating, resolving and responding to formal and informal complaints and enquires regarding the service delivered by the Responsive Repairs Section.
· Advising members, MPs and tenants with progress on responses, particularly where there are urgent issues.
· Investigating and preparing responses to all MP and councillor enquiries
· Liaising with vulnerable tenants on extraordinary or complex repair issues or concerning complaints, this may involve visits to tenants in their homes
· Accurately and timely recording of all members' correspondence, all letters and general correspondence and complaints
· Liaising with other sections and departments to collect and collate additional information that is needed. Checking files, computer records, and contacting officers, customers and other agencies, as necessary
· Managing the requests for information under the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information Act
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
· Experience of working in a social housing organisation
· Experience of dealing with members of the public in sometimes stressful situations where their expectations cannot always be met.
· Experience of investigating issues and responding to customers and external organisations through correspondence.
· A general knowledge of a social housing responsive repairs service
· Knowledge of public sector complaints procedures
*Please apply online with your CV. Please note that only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted*
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy