Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
£ 27000 - £ 32000 / Year
Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive - Manufacturing & Production Engineering
· Job type
Engineering, Aerospace and Automotive
· External Reference
I am working with a client based near Huddersfield looking for a manual miller/machinist,they are ideally looking for a multiskilled engineer who can set and operate both milling machines and lathes (milling bias)over a 40 hour week,They are looking for fully skilled manual machinists who can work on their own initiative.
They are an extremely busy firm,who offer plenty of progression and over time.They are a rapidly growing business, almost doubling their annual turnover in the last two years and it doesn't look to be slowing down any time soon
the work is mainly small batches of ones and twos, working with materials such as steel,aluminium and brass the engineer should be comfortable working to tolerances as small as 0.2 of a mm on a regular basis.
Reporting to Production Coordinator
Purpose of the Role
Responsible for producing component parts to drawing specification, ensuring the highest
level of accuracy and timely completion to support the manufacturing process of new and
* Operating and setting the machine and loading it with the right cutting tools as indicated to produce a specific component parts to high tolerances.
* Produce component parts to drawings issued by the Production Coordinator by use of machinery
* Produce Component parts in tolerance of drawing specifications
* Carry out all responsibilities as instructed by the Production Coordinator
* Produce component parts with surface finish requirements of drawing specification
* Ensure all production deadlines are met
* Maintain a high standard of quality control and ensure that all production is in budget
* Ensure the work environment is conducive to product and service quality
* Keep a clean and manageable working area
* Communicate regularly with the Production Coordinator on specific production requirements
* Comply with the Management System requirements for Health and Safety ensuring others work to company and policies and procedures
* Report any accidents to line manager
* Comply with Risk Assessments, Method Statements and the Health and Safety Management System
* Ensure compliance with the management systems requirement for the Environment and Quality by working to company policies and procedures
* Wear PPE as provided
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy