City Of London, Greater London
Banking & Financial Services - Insurance & Actuarial
· Job type
Banking and Financial Services
· External Reference
The Financial Ombudsman was created by parliament to resolve any financial problems which may have occurred between a business and a customer if they are unable to resolve themselves by providing unbiased answers on the situation. If they decide someone has been treated unfairly, they have the legal powers to resolve this.
The Financial Ombudsman is an independent, not-for-profit organisation set-up by Parliament to resolve disputes between financial businesses and their customers. They do this by making decisions that are fair - and feel fair to both sides.
The service deals with a variety of areas including banking, insurance, loans, mortgages, pensions and investments.
As a Claims Investigator you will be looking into a wide range of complaints received and conduct a fair and thorough investigation into these in order to resolve the case.
Within this role you will have approximately 4 telephone shifts per week (one hour each) where you will take calls from customers and businesses and gather your cases. You will then complete your investigations in order to come to a conclusion. This role involves a lot of administrative work, gathering paperwork, documents etc. to support your investigation.
As an investigator , you will need to:
· Listen carefully
· Ask thoughtful questions
· Think logically and impart effectively
· Be mindful to the situations people may be in as they are often in very vulnerable states
· Be confident in asking your colleagues for help and using the knowledge tools provided to you in order to resolve problems to the best of your ability
· Extend your knowledge to solve a wide range of problems as well as encouraging colleagues by sharing what you know, should they require your assistance
· Being an investigator can be a very rewarding role however you must be aware that you may have to provide people with information which they will find unsettling meaning you must be very resilient. You must also be resilient as people can be very upset when speaking to you, being aware of this will be essential in this role.
If you are successful in obtaining a position you will be given extensive training for the first 4 months and a mentor to support and guide you. You will receive training on product areas and will gradually take on cases whilst training.
You will not be permitted any time off during the first four weeks of your training and if you are part time you must work full time for this four-week period.
Following the academy, you should be ready to start investigating cases on your own with the utilisation of your team where needs be.
Included with your salary:
· 25 days annual leave (for full time members of staff) + all public bank holidays
· £800 benefit allowance (more info below)
· non-contributory pension
· life assurance
· income protection
· critical illness cover
· personal accident cover
· death in service pension
· private medical insurance
· virtual GP
· free access to their on-site gym
· a canteen in the building
The annual benefit allowance of £800 you can use to increase the cover levels on some of your core benefits or buy any of the voluntary benefits on offer or keep as cash.
The service is open from 8am-8pm on weekdays and between 9am-1pm on Saturdays
35 hours per week and your shift pattern will be agreed with your manager.
You will only be expected to work a Saturday 3/4 times per year
The salary for this role is £28,900 per annum based in Canary Wharf with the opportunity for salary progression after the first 12 months.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy