· Job type
· External Reference
Investigations Officer - 24 hours/week
A temporary contract has become available to work part time hours until Mid July.
You will provide active professional support within the Criminal Investigation Department for the investigation of crime, covering all aspects of the investigative process that do not require formal Police powers.
Typical duties will include:
· plan, prepare and conduct interviews with detainees, victims and witnesses according to the Law and Practical Guide to Investigative Interviewing.plan, prepare and conduct interviews with detainees, victims and witnesses according to the Law and Practical Guide to Investigative Interviewing
· Evaluate evidence and infor
· To take statements as required in accordance with legislation and procedure
· To determine the appropriate course of action in a case and to undertake that action in a thorough and expeditious manner
· Completing relevant documentation in paper and digital format to support the case
· To conduct all necessary investigative work required to bring about a prosecution, except those parts that necessitate formal Police powers.
· Obtain, assess, disseminate and utilise intelligence material in support of an investigation, or for a wider policing purpose
· Search property, vehicles, premises and land in accordance with relevant legislation, policy, procedures and techniques in support of an investigation
· Ensure all evidence, including exhibits, are obtained, examined, and stored in accordance with policy
· To manage investigations as required by the appointed Senior Investigation Officer (S.I.O.) including investigations into major and organised crime, review of investigations and to undertake that action in a thorough and expeditious manner
· To present case files to the Crown Prosecution Service, attend Case Conferences with Crown Prosecutors and Prosecution Counsel in line with Force and National Policy.
· To attend court, give evidence or deal with cases at both Magistrate and Crown/Appeal Courts. Attend same to perform any other role as required by the S.I.O
· In the capacity of Exhibits & Disclosure Officer attend court to give evidence
· As directed by supervision, provide investigative support to policing outside of your team, when required. This may involve travel to a station other than your contracted centre of duty
· The list of duties is not exhaustive, simply an indication of the main functions associated with the post
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking part time hours, please get in touch asap.
Please note the successful applicant will be subject to strict police vetting procedures prior to commencing the assignment.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Please apply with your CV to: Patricia Vernon