London, Greater London
Public Sector - Housing
· Job type
Construction and Property
· External Reference
Adecco are currently recruiting for a COMPLIANCE OFFICER to work for a Local Authority across Richmond-upon-Thames and Wandsworth.
FULL TIME - 5 DAYS PER WEEK
TEMPORARY ROLE - 3 MONTHS MINIMUM
£200 PER DAY
Statutory Compliance Officer
The Council requires a Statutory Compliance Officer to work within their Property Team reporting to Statutory Compliance Manager.
Key functions of the job
· To assist with the monitoring of the completion of the Councils Statutory Compliance Programs, including daily site visits/post inspections providing technical advice to relevant stakeholders, including external contractors and building occupants.
· To provide an efficient and comprehensive administrative and internal document management and audit service and to develop, monitor and review new compliance procedures and operations as requested to support the work of the section.
· To be responsible for maintaining the Councils Property Asset Management system (TF Cloud) and Finance System (Agresso) on behalf of the Statutory Compliance Manager and other team members as appropriate.
· To be a first point of contact to receive and/or re-direct personal and telephone callers to deal with highly sensitive and confidential matters in a professional manner and brief the Statutory Compliance Manager accordingly.
· To provide a high level technical service including provision of status reports, compilation of compliance data for inclusion within committee reports and control of sensitive correspondence at the request of the Statutory Compliance Manager.
· Good working knowledge of local government office procedures and administrative systems.
· Good knowledge of building related Health and Safety legislation.
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages, e.g Excel, Word.
· Knowledge of IT Systems.
· Understanding of providing a compliance service in an equal opportunities environment.
· To demonstrate the need for confidentiality.
· Experience of using computer systems such as spreadsheets and databases and producing work to a level commensurate with the grade.
· Experience of keeping accurate records, devising procedures, organising information and producing accurate statistical information, on an ongoing basis.
· Experience of project planning and implementation.
· To have acquired effective communication skills to include meeting customers and clients, dealing with queries and to have the ability to respond in writing and verbally, both face to face and whilst using a telephone.
· Experience of raising purchase orders using a requisite to pay system, initiating and monitoring payments.
· To have used a property management system or similar software.
· Able to demonstrate excellent team-working skills.
· Able to liaise with a wide range of employees within the directorate, across the Council, and with external agencies demonstrating good communication skills.
· Able to work on own initiative and set priorities whilst working under pressure, meeting strict deadlines and working within set time scales.
· Ability to work under pressure, demonstrating good word processing skills.
· Proven and demonstrable commitment to principles and practice of equal opportunities in employment and service delivery.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy