Accountancy & Finance - Accounts Assistant
· Job type
Banking and Financial Services
· External Reference
Our client based in Liverpool city centre is looking for a Finance Assistant to join their team on a temporary basis.
This role is to start as soon as possible and is initially for 8 weeks - possibly longer.
The duties of this role include, but are not limited to:
· Perform the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions to ensure that finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
· Maintains log of accounts payable invoices and queries.
· Verifies that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
· Ensures that invoices are approved in line with the businesses authorisation limits.
· Ensures that invoices are processed accurately and on a timely basis.
· Ensure that invoices and relevant documentation are filed and attached to the relevant transactions.
· Processes the maintenance term service contract ensuring reconciliation between the maintenance and financial systems.
· Processes sales invoices in accordance with the property schedules.
· Provides an important first point of contact to suppliers, dealing with all initial queries.
· Supports the team in relation to cash transactions.
· Provides support to the management accounts team with month end accruals and reporting.
· Organises their own work to provide a timely and quality service.
The skills and experience required for this role includes, but is not limited to:
· Good working knowledge and experience of a variety of administrative systems.
· Experience of working to tight deadlines.
· Knowledge and experience of working in both large and small teams
· Computer skills: MS Office (Word, Excel and Access.
· Ability to work alongside other colleagues within the Department to ensure cohesion, good teamwork and a common sense of purpose.
· Previous accounts assistant/finance assistant experience is essential for this role.
Adecco aim to respond to all applicant's, however due to the large volume of applications we receive this may not always be possible. Should you not receive a response within five working days please accept this as notification that you have not been short-listed on this occasion.
Adecco is an equal opportunities employer.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy