London, Greater London
£ 25 - £ 26 / Hour
Public Sector - Housing
· Job type
· External Reference
To undertake all responsibilities listed below:
· To inspect occupied and vacant properties and communal areas, prepare specifications for work, arrange tendering if appropriate, issuing works orders, supervising work, inspecting completed work and authorising payments and to ensure schemes are completed to time.
· To prepare specifications, undertake tendering procedures, issue appropriate orders including variations, within approved financial constraints. To secure planning or building control approval. To supervise, inspect and authorise payments for any other minor technical works.
· To make recommendations following inspections of properties and communal areas for inclusion in planned schemes, specialist works or major remedial works schemes.
· To inspect completed works on voids, minor and major works for defects, standard of workmanship, customer satisfaction and value for money.
· To liaise with statutory undertakers and public/private utility companies.
· To authorise/verify repair or improvement work carried out by tenants or leaseholders/
· To utilise IT systems to record and monitor work.
· To work within defined budgetary parameters.
· To liaise and respond to requests from other sections and colleagues for assistance and information in relation to repairs and improvements. To deal with correspondence, enquiries and complaints effectively and within timescale.
· To inspect properties in advance of permission being granted for mutual exchange and prepare reports for consideration.
· To identify, cost and report rechargeable repairs. To inspect properties and prepare specifications for the purpose of repair.
· To inspect council stock for inclusion in the capital or planned maintenance programme or specialist works, prepare specifications, tender and evaluate tenders.
· Issue orders, supervise works, issue variations and manage contractors on site and ensure works comply with all relevant legislation.
· To monitor and control budgetary expenditure relating to repairs, voids and planned works and to authorise stage and/or final payments.
· To investigate claims of damage to council property, produce reports and negotiate and discuss works with assessors or other external professionals.
· In liaison with Legal, complete witness statements, reports and specifications in relation to disrepair or other similar legal action in which the council is involved and represent the council in litigation.
· Make recommendations for decants in relation to property conditions.
· Develop performance standards and maintain records to facilitate data collection.
· To supervise contractors and ensure works are carried out in accordance with specifications, standing orders and relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
· Provide technical support to staff in dealing with Right to Buy disposals and subsequent after-sales controls, including surveys on Right to Buy properties, to determine future works and an estimated cost.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy