Science - Food Science & Technology
· Job type
Procurement and Supply Chain
· External Reference
The purpose of this role is to protect the client's supply chain from Quality, Food Safety, Legal and Consumer Lifestyle hazards associated with raw materials through supporting in the creation and finalisation and review of the Raw Material Risk Assessment (MRA's) and Raw material specification according to the client's Quality Management Process, following the Material Quality Management Standard.
· The Job holder owns a specific raw material category, providing high quality end-to-end service throughout all steps of raw material life cycle in line with MQM standard requirements. This includes:
· a) material risk assessment;
· b) Specification management through systems and process;
· c) identification of the need for change in raw material specs;
· d) business process ownership in one of MQM-related areas.
· This will involve interacting with numerous associates within global teams, Commercial and R&D associates across all regions, including local representatives and other Communities of Practice (e.g. MRA CoP). The Scientist has to work in close cooperation with other groups within R&D, SQA and Commercial.
Will cover raw materials for numerous factories across the region.
· Create and finalise regional standardised Chocolate MRA's in conjunction with MRA teams
· Manage the Material Risk assessments database
· Provide input and support for Continuous Improvement related to MRA's and systems development
· Raw material specification creation and finalisation.
Review of MRA's, Specifications and Inspection Plans according to MQM standard and Change Management guidelines. If there are questions on shared specs with other regions, this role is responsible for answering questions or making connections with the right contact to answer the questions. If there are questions on specs from other regions, this role should give advice on regional requirements and ways of working.
Applicants require a BSc Degree in Food Technology, Dietetics or Food & Business
Knowledge & Experience:
· Good project management experience (across quality, efficiency and growth projects) with the ability to motivate and work with a technical team.
· Experience of working in cross-functional project teams and multi-disciplinary R&D teams.
· Experience in Quality and Food Safety Management Systems
· Knowledgeable in Quality management tools & technical experience eg HACCP
· Strong communication and attention to detail
· Action Oriented, Customer Focus, Drive for Results, Planning, Peer Relationships, Priority Setting
· Drives Efficiency, Applies Robust Science, Leverages Connections.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy