Expanding steadily since its launch in 2003, the ACENSI group is an IT consultancy firm, well known for their technical and functional know-how, who specialize in Telecommunications, Media and Financial Markets, as well as in the Energy industry. ACENSI guides businesses in evolutionary IT projects from the initial strategies through to their realization (Management and Project management, consulting MOA, MOE Design and Implementation, Infrastructure). From its original focus on technical engineering and Business Analysis, ACENSI has developed new areas of expertise in Human Resource Management Systems, Business Intelligence, e-learning and Client Relationship Management Dynamism, enthusiasm and social development are all valued at ACENSI, allowing our clients to benefit from consultants with a true blend of talents.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer, passionate about making an impact, to support the scaling of our fast-growing energy access project.
The mission aiming to develop sustainable mini-grids and act as a micro-utility to provide electricity access in rural Africa.
The market potential for energy access in Africa is tremendous with 300 million people without access
to electricity in Engie Tier-1 countries, of which 200 million are expected to be electrified through minigrids or solar home systems solutions. BU Africa has great ambitions in this BtoC/BtoT African market and mini-grids are therefore part of the core business of the BU.
The objective is to scale the project in Tanzania where Power Corner has already electrified multiple villages and in other sub-saharian countries. Beyond Tanzania, the goal is to be a leader of the minigrid market with a key role in framing regulation and technologies.
The candidate will be integrating, maintaining, developing and expanding our software platforms.
Key responsibilities will include the development of custom information systems
running on AWS and the integration of other generic systems (Salesforce, SAP, PowerBI, …).
The ideal applicant will be a problem solver, have experience in and enjoy software development, and
will want to take an proactive role in providing innovative solutions to the business.
Candidates must enjoy working in a small team in, and ideally have a passion for renewable energy and sustainable development in Frontier Markets. This position offers a unique opportunity to make
a meaningful impact using latest technologies.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 1-2 years of experience in software development
- Bachelors or Masters in a relevant engineering discipline (computer sciences preferred)
- Programming language experience in at least 3 of the following languages : Python ; Java
; JS ; C ; C++ ; C# ; Go
- Experience creating and maintaining scalable web and/or mobile applications – backend
- Database administration and data management skills (data modeling, SQL, ...)
- Working knowledge of both high-level object oriented and low-level procedural
programming concepts. A full-stack developer.
- Working knowledge of good practices for computer and data security
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in English – French is a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature
- Self-organized and pro-active