Revenue and Reservations Manager
This position is responsible for maximizing room revenue contribution through a thorough understanding of all booking channels and management of inventory and rate therein. Ensures the smooth and efficient operations in the department through prompt, effective and proper reservations service to achieve maximum room revenue in order to meet or exceed the revenue targets set in annual budget and forecasts. Oversees the daily operations of Reservations department, ensuring all reservations procedures are observed by the team.
What is in it for you:
· Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
· Learning programs through our Academies
· Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
· Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Revenue Management duties & responsibilities
· Continuous analysis of changing channel distribution models and the impact on consumer booking trends
· Plays an active role in the Strategic Planning, Marketing Plan and budgeting processes
· Chairs and prepares materials for the weekly Revenue Management Meetings
· Prepares daily Revenue and Reservations updates & reports
· Track and analyze of competitive set pricing and yield strategies, gaining the ability to predict the comp set reaction to changes in the marketplace
· Open and close the availability as and when required of hotel in all the GDS channels and on the hotel website.
· Determine unconstrained demand and maintains the data within the Demand Analysis strategies, both future and historical
· Ensure that appropriate overrides are in place, special events are accurately loaded in the system
· Completes all rooms and revenue forecasting to accurately project unconstrained demand
· Monitors transient, group and tour booking pace in order to determine pricing and availability controls for all reservation distribution sources. Discusses and implements changes in distribution plan accordingly
· Work with Director of Sales & Marketing and Sales Team members to encourage strategic selection of the right piece of business, in keeping with brand guidelines
· Work with Director of Sales & Marketing and Sales Team to determine effective and engaging rate offers (packages) which are then offered in to the right customer in the right channel
· Optimizes hotel and corporate pricing strategies through definition and management of BAR levels, stay restrictions and other tactics, which are congruent with demand factors and which are managed through all distribution channels
· Maintain rates which promote integrity and which protect the relationships with long term customers
Reservations duties & responsibilities
· Has knowledge of the entire reservation procedure.
· Allocate daily tasks to Reservations team.
· Review reservation booked daily.
· Review expected arrival report daily.
· Responsible for preparation of occupancy forecast.
· Responsible for training staff.
· Responsible for implementation of policies and procedures.
· Responsible for recording Company/Travel Agent Rates both in system and correspondence file.
· Knowledgeable in hotel and guest room facilities/services and ensures reservations agent are equally knowledgeable.
· Monitoring Telephone Manner and general performance of reservations staff daily.
· Ensure special handling of repeats guest and very VIP guest are observed by the team.
· Observes and ensures that proper telephone manners are maintained at all times.
· Follows up tentative bookings and update reservation status.
· Reviews no-show and cancelled reservations and processes charges according to hotel’s policy.
· Review room blocking for Long Stay Suites.
· Maintain cordial relations with commercial clients.
· Responsible for Reservations Department work schedule.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Your experience and skills include:
Knowledge and Experience
· Diploma in Tourism / Hospitality Management or related field
· Prior experience in Revenue Management is an asset. Minimum of 2 years of experience as Sales Manager / 3 years of experience as Front Office or Reservations Manager / 2 years of experience in a related field
· Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in English language
· Proficient in MS Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
· High degree of professionalism with sound human resources management and business acumen capabilities
· Strong leadership, interpersonal and training skills
· Good communication and customer contact skills
· Service oriented with an eye for details
· Ability to work well in stressful & high-pressure situations
· A team player & builder
· A motivator & self-starter
· Well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
Your team and working environment:
Orchard Hills Residences Singapore MGallery is the first MGallery collection by Accor; it is strategically located in the heart of Orchard Road and is set to open in the first half of 2021. Designed by world-renowned Japanese studio Nikken Sekkei, the luxurious service residences will take guests on a personal journey of self-discovery through immersive spaces and meticulous curation. Guests can also enjoy the convenience of a Lobby Lounge, restaurant, café and bar, a 24-hour gym, lush outdoor terraces, cantilevered rooftop pool and Jacuzzi with views of the city skyline and the integration of health and wellness into a luxurious hospitality experience.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS