• To oversee and supervise the Reception shifts, ensuring that all Reception department policies and procedures are followed
• To welcome the guests whether on the phone or in the hotel and ensure that the check-in and checkout procedure is handled very well with warmth and elegance, and create an atmosphere woven around real conviviality.
• To anticipate guests' needs and takes those into consideration and inform the guest of all the services available at the hotel.
• To ensure a daily smooth running of the operation within the Reception department by communicating effectively within and with other departments, as well as supporting any necessary changes to ensure seamless guest service
• To effectively deal with any guest feedback and challenges
• To ensure that the company Brand Standards are observed, trained, focused and assessed throughout the year
• To assist with training and development of team members, departmental induction, weekly/monthly departmental meetings, planning, assigning and directing work
What we are looking for:
• Previous team leader experience within a Front Office or Guest Services department
• Someone who is great at creating and maintaining positive and productive working relationships across the business, communicating effectively in a range of situations
• A positive and energetic person who is passionate about exceeding guest expectations
• A leader who is passionate about engaging, inspiring and developing their team
• Someone who enjoys a fast paced working environment
• Knowledge and experience in using OPERA is preferred
Mercure and its people
Hotels with individuality, passion for service and committed to quality and guest satisfaction.
Join a team of warm and friendly professionals who will share their love for hospitality.
Ideal candidate profile
Level of Education Bachelor / Licence
Areas of study Hospitality Management
Professional experiences 3 to 5 years
Languages essential English
Essential and optional requirements
As our Front Office Team Leader you are expected to provide support and supervise the running of the Front Office department and to ensure that service levels are met. This will be done by leading by example and ensuring that all aspects of the Company context are followed by all members of the Front Office team, particularly in relation to the desired Guest Experience of ‘Feeling Welcome’.
Ability to work well under pressure
Have right to work in UK
· Power Point