You are in charge of organising seminars and banquets. You gather all the important information required for the organisation of these events (transport, accommodation, restaurant...). You check that nothing is missing and manage stocks of products and supplies required for the event. You can man stands and act as an intermediary between customers and company employees.
• Briefs personnel on preparations, service and content of menu items.
• Performs all duties as assigned by management.
• Maintains proper records of Sales, guest complaints, solutions and all concerns pertaining to personnel or equipment in appropriate logbooks for reference.
• Ensure adequate of supplies, materials, and requisition for general supplies.
• Ensure employees properly carry out side duties.
• Participates in daily briefings and monthly communication meetings to discuss various aspects of food service and preparation.
• Monitors and supervises service flow in the restaurant.
• Ensure all fixtures and operating equipment is in good working condition.
• Ensure good general appearance and maintenance of restaurant working areas.
Professional techniques / Production
• Promotes the Pullman brand philosophy through his or her exemplary attitude, behavior and excellent communication skills.
• Takes note of remarks made by guests and finds solutions for any problems that may arise. Ensures a rapid response from the different departments concerned.
• Makes sure that all the information available in the restaurant is well presented and up-to-date.
• Trains personnel according to established procedures; Conducts orientation of all new employees and ongoing training of all staff.
• Ensure grooming and general appearance of staff conforms to Hotel standards
• Makes frequent suggestions to Management in reference to restaurant general operation and F&B promotion.
• Team management and cross-departmental responsibilities
• Assures the interface between all hotel departments and service-providers if necessary.
• Establishes effective employee relations and maintain the highest level of professionalism, ethic and attitude towards all hotel guests, clients, heads of department and employees.
Commercial / Sales
• Helps promote the hotel's range of services on offer (e.g. the bar) by anticipating customer needs and responding to guests' requests.
• Helps gain guests' loyalty by being present, available and ready to listen.
Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment
• Monitors movements in the hotel restaurant with discretion.
• Applies the hotel's safety regulations.
• Ensures that the restaurant remains clean.
• Respects the hotel's commitments to the 'Environment Charter'.
Skills / Qualities
• Pullman: a new service attitude centered on proximity, sociability and sharing experience.
• Ensure all staff embody the same mindset by developing each individual's sense of curiosity
• Open-mindedness, interpersonal skills and sense of initiative.
• Spontaneous and emphatic
• A high level of personal maturity is vital for this position
• Good visual memory
• At ease in a multi-cultural environment
• Confident speaking skills