• To carry out the brand's PPM system as instructed
• To undertake plumbing, painting, decorating, carpentry and minor electrical and mechanical engineering work at a basic level, as necessary to maintain safe and efficient systems within the hotel.
• To ensure that all work undertaken is done safely and in accordance with the relevant approved codes of practice and instruction
• To respond to the maintenance requests as required giving a high standard of appearance throughout the buildings.
• To have a basic understanding of the site and all items of plant and equipment.
• To be responsible for the control of contractors on site in the absence of the engineer.
• Ensure you comply with company policies e.g. H&S/Food Hygiene, fire safety etc.
• To comply with the hotel and brand purchasing procedures using nominated suppliers.
• Any other duty as deemed suitable by the Hotel General Manager or engineer.
• A basic understanding of mechanical and electrical systems.
• A basic knowledge of health & safety legislation.
• To be autonomous and self motivated.
• Shift work, 5 out of 7 days on a rota basis
• Contracted to 39 hours a week