At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, an exceptional guest experience begins even before check-in and extends throughout every stay. As a Houseperson, the organizational support you provide to the Housekeeping team will ensure our guest rooms are well equipped and welcoming – and our guests feel valued.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Austin offers 1,048 guestrooms and suites, along with over 140,000 square feet of meeting and event space. This is your opportunity to be part of the most innovative and passionate hotel teams in one of the fastest growing markets in the United States
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Housekeeping Managers, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
· Ensure Housekeeping departmental standards are followed
· Assist Room Attendants to ensure guest rooms are prepared efficiently
· Maintain inventory in the Housekeeping closets
· Respond timely to guests’ special requests for miscellaneous items ie: cribs, cots, extra towels etc.
· Collect dirty linen, garbage and recyclables from Room Attendants’ carts and closets
· Follow departmental policies and procedures
· Report necessary maintenance items
· Follow all safety and sanitation policies
· Previous Housekeeping experience an asset
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
· Highly responsible & reliable
· Ability to work cohesively as part of a team with minimum supervision
· Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
· Constant standing and walking throughout shift
· Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
· Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
· Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Candidates must be legally eligible to the work in the United States.
Why Work for Accor?
We are 300,000 experts committed to reinventing hospitality with unique and unrivaled experiences within our addresses. We’re so much more than hotels— We are a worldwide Augmented Hospitality leader. We’re creating innovative lifestyle experiences, whether you live, work or play. Blaze your own trail from 30+ hotel brands, restaurants, nightclubs, spas, co-working spaces, and tech start-ups.
To connect with us, please visit careers.accor.com.