Proud, legendary and lavish, Fairmont Peace Hotel, overlooking Shanghai’s Huangpu River, boasts a history that overshadows
that of any other hotel in the Far East. Features 270 elegantly appointed guestrooms and suites with a selection of six
restaurants and lounges, the historic Peace Hall and Fairmont’s award-winning Willow Stream Spa.
This position is only open to Chinese citizens
Please send the resume to :firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to Chief Engineer, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Responsible for the repair and maintenance of all furnishings, i.e. chairs, tables, cabinet’s etc.
· According to the hotel need to obey the shift adjustment
· Responsible for the repair and maintenance of all ceiling panels, fixed ceilings, wall paneling and picture framing.
· Carries out repairs and maintenance of door locks, door closures and sliding door mechanisms.
· Executes construction jobs including erection of partition walling and fixing of false ceilings, as required.
· Is required to work with such materials as wood, fiberboard, formica, glass and plasterboard.
· Responsible for maintaining sufficient stocks of materials to carry out effective maintenance.
· Keeps an accurate log of all works carried out especially any materials used.
· Ensures that the Workshop and related work areas are kept in a clean and tidy condition and free from any combustible materials.
· To check engineering M.O. board and work to clear outstanding MO’s starting with items marked urgent.
· Complies with Hotel’s Health, Safety & Hygiene policy.
· Responsible to report any potential hazard noted whilst on duty.
· Responsible for ensuring that the uniform is clean and in good repair. Unless it is an emergency, ensure a clean and tidy appearance before entering a Guest Area and if necessary, change into a clean uniform.
· Responsible to wear any protective clothing/equipment as designated by the Health and Safety guidelines while carrying out works that may be hazardous to health.
· Previous experience is an asset
· Insert all requirements
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
· Constant standing and walking throughout shift
· Insert all requirements as needed
Visa Requirements: Chinese Only
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!