Overview of duties
In conjunction with the Chief Engineer, helps ensure the smooth running of the hotel's technical installations
Interacts - cooperates with others in the Engineering Department.
• To provide a courteous, professional, efficient, and flexible service at all times, following the hotels Standards of Performance.
• To have a full working knowledge, correct and demonstrate all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work to the standard set.
• To perform all duties and tasks when rotated or assigned to another Department as per Master Task List for that Department.
• To ensure that the Place of Work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times
• To be familiar with the policies and procedures concerning fire, emergency evacuation, accidents, bomb threats, law and order situations.
• To be fully aware and conversant of Accor spirit, values and goals and is responsible to integrate them in the day to day operation.
• To be fully aware and conversant of Accor environmental charter and is responsible to integrate them in the day to day operation.
• To be fully aware and conversant of ISO14001 policies and procedures and is responsible to integrate them in the day to day operation.
Professional techniques / Production
• Carries out occasional repair work as required
• Prevents problems from occurring in the hotel's technical installations
• Implements the corrective action plans as communicated by the Chief Engineer
• Follows the preventive maintenance program
• Applies water hygiene procedures
• Repairs and maintenance of all types of refrigeration equipment such as centrifugal chillers, air-cooled chillers, walk in cold-room and freezer rooms and other commercial/industrial refrigeration equipment.
• Ensures that the supplied uniform is clean and in good repair. Always maintain a clean and tidy appearance before entering a guest or public areas.
• Should perform other duties assigned by superior(s).
• Carrying out a regular inspection and cleaning of all air filters.
• Responsible to record all the readings, which must be taken & written in the checklist tables.
• Continually works with the engineering staff to improve and maintain the highest standard of departmental operation.
• Specify the spare parts and have good information about the local market to guide the purchasing.
• To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
• To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
• To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
•Participates in daily briefings and monthly communication meetings
• To attend Departmental training for all team members, especially for the new comers, paying particular attention to courtesy, efficiency, service standards, grooming, diplomacy and job knowledge.
• To attend and contribute to all staff meetings Departmental and Hotel trainings scheduled and other related activities.
• To report “Lost & Found” items, in accordance to the hotels policies and procedures and to local legislation in handling lost & found items
• Trains personnel according to established procedures of the Hotel
• To maintain a good rapport and working relationship with staff in the outlet and all other departments.
•To project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control
• To provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
• To respond to any changes in the restaurant function as dictated by the hotel.
Education / Professional experience
• Vocational certificate or diploma in electronics or technical studies
• 2 years of experience in a similar field
• Practical and theoretical skills in cold-storage, air-conditioning and electricity
• Languages: fluent in the national language