Novotel New Plymouth Taranaki opened in December 2015 as a new-build hotel. The exceptionally designed hotel creates a sensational impression at the entrance to the New Plymouth CBD. Novotel New Plymouth Taranaki has 85 rooms, an a la carte restaurant and bar, meeting, and events facilities for up to 250 guests/delegates, and an on-site fitness centre. An exciting and rare opportunity has become available for a Business Development superstar who can take us to the next level of business excellence. This will be a 6-month fixed term agreement and will be 25 hours minimum per week on a part-time basis.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about sales to drive new and incremental business from the segments of Corporate, Government, TMC (Travel Management Companies), and Meeting & Events. If you have experience in business development and a proven result-driven background with excellent communication and negotiation skills, this could be an ideal opportunity for you.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, our ideal candidate will have 2 – 3 years’ previous experience in a similar role within the hotel environment. You will have outstanding networking and negotiation skills and you need to be able to lead the sales of the hotel in a manner which maximises results and encourages lateral thinking. You will thrive on exceeding sales targets and knowing competitor activities as these will be key in achieving your goals.
· Prospect for new business, via telemarketing and face to face meetings as required, conduct site inspections and undertake sales, public relations, and marketing duties
· Onsite management of accounts ensuring consistent unparalleled service, meet and greet VIPs, VIP service, etc.
· Business development in driving hotel sales objectives within corporate, M.I.C.E, and group segments, you must be hungry for leads and confident to chase business.
· Support stakeholders in ensuring contract terms and conditions compliance, and distribution of rates between hotels, accounts, and intermediaries.
· Professional representation of the hotel, including product training, presenting, and attendance at network events (sometimes outside of normal office hours).
· Actively identifying and capturing revenue opportunities within the Corporate and Business Events markets
· Driving new business opportunities
· Complete quarter reviews with contracted relationships identifying performance, feedback, and opportunities.
· Preparing and maintaining key account management plans.
· Account Manage and drive incremental business through a portfolio of corporate, government, and TMC accounts
· Conducting regular site inspections with existing and prospective clients
· Representing Novotel New Plymouth Taranaki at industry events, tradeshows, and other networking opportunities
· Maintaining a high level of product knowledge of Accor and competitors
· Developing excellent working relationships with our internal and external stakeholders – hotel sales teams, General Managers.
· Contributing to monthly and quarterly reporting
· Quick to adapt to new systems or previous experience with CRM Salesforce
· Experience using Opera Property Management System will be beneficial.