Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career
Why join Accenture's security practice?
Serving as a trusted security partner for more than 20 years to more than 330 clients across ~70 countries, Accenture's security practice helps organizations build resilience from the inside out so they can operate and grow confidently in a rapidly evolving threat landscape. Our 5000 security professionals bring exceptional industry expertise to tailor intelligent security services to our clients' unique businesses and industries. We provide a full spectrum of services – from security strategy development, to business transformation to managed security services – on demand and at a global scale.
Accenture's unique ability to combine deep Security expertise across Strategy, Technology and Operations means that it can offer clients an enterprise-wide security program to predict, protect, detect, and respond to threats in an industry specific context.
Our Security Strategy & Risk professionals provide our clients with security advisory services and help define, assess and transform their security programs to achieve their mandates. This includes helping clients understand their current environment and strategic threats while developing roadmaps to close those gaps and continuously evolve and mature their programs.
• Cyber Security Strategy & Risk professionals are trusted advisors for our clients and have a strong understand of various security disciplines and their relationships.
• Possess the personal and professional attributes necessary to guide senior leadership in the formulation of strategies that produce robust and dynamic protective security capabilities as well as enterprise resilience capabilities.
• Has experience and knowledge working with specific security and audit standards (e.g. ISO27001, NIST, SAS20, SOX, SSAE 18, CSAE 3416, etc.)
• Understand current and future client needs in the context of the security marketplace as well as client industry dynamics and apply insights to recommend short/long-term value creation for clients that have the appropriate level of impact.
• Demonstrate an ability to:
- Understand business direction of companies and create optimized security strategies that meet business needs, seeking to balance defensive and responsive strategic elements.
- Communicate complex technology concepts and terms to executive clients in business terms to support formulation of enterprise strategy formulation.
- Advise on aligning and optimizing security operations to meet business objectives while maintaining identified compliance with legal, best-practice and regulatory requirements.
- Produce risk-based strategies that maximize the effectiveness of finite financial resources in the face of ever-escalating cyber threats.
Ideal candidate profile
• Minimum of 8 years of security strategy experience in one or more of the following:
- Security governance (e.g. ISO 27001, ISO 31000, NIST 800-53, HIPAA, and/or PCI, ISO27001,27002, COBIT)
- Cyber & Technology Risk management frameworks (e.g. NIST 800-30)
- Conducting security maturity assessments and diagnostics
- Designing and implementing security operating models
- Designing and executing security awareness programs
• Minimum of 3 years of management consulting experience
• Experienced in project management and ability to successfully execute projects
• Bachelor's degree with a post-grad certificate or advanced degree in computer science, engineering or business administration preferred
• CISSP or CISM or CRISC required. PMP preferred
• Successful track record in sales origination with an entrepreneurial mind-set; demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams to shape, sell, communicate, and implement security strategy engagements.
• Be a natural leader with the ability to easily establish trust-based relationships; skilled in gaining valuable insights through collaboration and communication.
• Experienced managing, mentoring and developing people.
• Have a deep intellectual capacity and relevant experience to develop creative and breakthrough solutions.
• Possess strong analytical skills and can understand complex issues with the ability to quickly absorb information and deploy conceptual and creative problem solving.
• Demonstrate first class written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner. Own and develop our offerings and assets.
• Possess drive, determination and optimism with proven ability to adapt and remove obstacles to achieve results
• Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and collaboration in professional setting; either military or civilian
• Public Sector experience is preferred
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world's largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 504,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at http://www.accenture.com/.
To learn more about Accenture, and how you will be challenged and inspired from Day 1, please visit our website at accenture.com/careers.
It is currently our objective to assign our people to work near where they live. However, given the nature of our business and our need to serve our clients, our employees must be available to travel when needed.
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.
Accenture is committed to providing employment opportunities to current or former members of the armed forces.