Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world's largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives. We make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses and governments protect and manage their information, so they can focus on achieving their goals.
Defending an enterprise from cyber threats has never been so challenging. The rise of sophisticated new targeted attacks poses a clear risk, and the rate of change continues to accelerate, with new attacks, malware variants and vulnerabilities emerging every day. Are you keeping pace?
About Cyber Security Services
Organizations around the world rely on Symantec's Cyber Security Services to build and sustain a resilient incident management program. We offer the global presence and scale to satisfy even the largest enterprises.
Every week, Symantec's Managed Security Service:
· Analyze over 125 billion log entries
· Identify over 62,000 potential security events
· Escalate over 11,000 validated security incidents
Symantec has been a leading provider of Managed Security Services for over 10 years and has been recognized by leading industry analysts and publications.
Work as part of a world class customer focused team, protecting customers from threats through analysis of log data, providing clear, detailed and timely alerts that can be acted on. The Security Analysis team delivers real time security monitoring and alerting, analysing logs from over 150 supported device types, while adhering to strict service-level agreements. We are the front line in protecting our customers.
Ideal candidate profile
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Investigate attacks against customer networks.
· Monitor and analyze log data, network traffic and/or alerts generated by a variety of security technologies in real-time; escalate and explain validated security incidents to customers.
· Write up security incident reports detailing the threat, its characteristics, and possible remediation activities.
· Research new threats and ensure appropriate detection capabilities are in place to identify and respond to these threats.
· Routinely review security incidents and other customer deliverables for adherence to the established procedures and guidelines. Document, rectify, and provide feedback to other analysts as necessary.
· Ensure the quality and timeliness of the security incident detection and classification service.
· Ensure standards and procedures are adhered to within defined SLA's.
· Articulate security issues to customers, both verbally and written.
· Identify opportunities for process improvement.
· Manage and track customer issues and requests.
· Support other teams as needed.
· Train Associate Security Analysts and Security Analysts.
· Support SOC Tours as required.
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
· Passion for cyber security, learning, and knowledge sharing.
· Experience in an operational environment, with customer-facing responsibilities.
· Previous experience in an information/cyber security role – ideally focused on intrusion detection/security monitoring and analysis.
· An excellent understanding of the cyber security threat landscape, including detailed technical knowledge about the most prevalent vulnerabilities, threats, attack methods, and infection vectors.
· An excellent understanding of computer networking, including a detailed understanding of TCP/IP and other core Internet protocols.
· An excellent understanding of computer and network security.
· Excellent technical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to be dynamic and adapt in order to solve complex technical issues with customers and partners.
· The ability to communicate clearly at all levels, demonstrating strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience retrieving information and generating reports using SQL.
· Experience using python to automate basic analysis tasks.
· One or more of the following certifications: SANS GCIA, SANS GCFA, SANS GCFE, OSCP.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 513,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
Divya Dua is the Recruiter managing this role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a fair and timely process.