Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Working in the field, under the supervision of the Field Service Manager, this position is responsible for installation, maintenance, servicing, and testing of high quality medical device systems and system components. Up to 80% domestic travel is required for this role.
Note: Candidates need to be based in the Washington DC, Virginia , Maryland region.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Heart Failure division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology and heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
For years, Abbott’s medical device businesses have offered technologies that are faster, more effective, and less invasive. Whether it’s glucose monitoring systems, innovative therapies for treating heart disease, or products that help people with chronic pain or movement disorders, our medical device technologies are designed to help people live their lives better and healthier. Every day, our technologies help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ﬁnger sticks.
· Primary responsibility is to perform proper system installation, conduct system hardware and/or software upgrades, handle service repair calls, and complete regularly scheduled preventive maintenance service on medical systems.
· Provide complete and accurate service records for submittal to Quality Management System.
· Efficiently manage work related travel and relevant communication based on weekly schedule set forth by Field Service Manager.
· Provide accurate and regular business expense reports, adhering to Company policy
· Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
· Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
· Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
· Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
· BSc in Biomedical Engineering, or other relative subject
· Ability to travel Nationally
· Ability to drive
· Ability to lift 70 pounds
· Exceptional troubleshooting ability
· Mechanical assembly, able to work with tools
· Ability to interface with multiple groups in the organization to resolve service issues
· Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment
· Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
· Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
· Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
· Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
· Occasional overtime is a requirement of this position.
· 2 years or more Experience supporting Cardiology equipment
· Previous experience in a medical device company preferred
· Strong organizational and follow-up skills
· Overall positive and optimistic attitude
· Technical writing skills are a plus
· Works well independently
· Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
· Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
EPHF Electrophysiology & Heart Failure
United States of America : Remote
Yes, 75 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Lift, carry, push or pull weights of more than 20 pounds/9 kilos on a regular/daily basis
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf