At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Guide business decisions that enable Abbott Nutrition to maximize brand share and market growth, by conducting primary research (brand and shopper) and supporting ongoing sales reporting.
Designs, manages, analyzes, and communicates the findings of original research studies and secondary data analysis in response to defined business issues and learning needs.
- Identifies research methodologies that are appropriate to address the business questions.
- Leverage research suppliers to manage ongoing projects.
- Presents, supports and defends research conclusions and implications for strategy development.
Maintains ongoing sales reporting database and conducts ongoing analysis to understand and diagnose key business drivers.
- Supports retail sales database management ensuring accuracy of underlying reports and analytics.
- Uses sales performance and other data, competitive intelligence and other forms of external data to supplement and amplify the results of primary market research.
Provides impactful insights that shape brand and business strategy
- Develops intimate understanding of the customer(s), business and relevant brands, including financials, positioning, marketing programs, and distribution.
- Consistently represents the voice of the customer/consumer among internal partners to ensure the customer/consumer is always top-of-mind.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, oral and written communication skills.
Assists Manager in proactive, complete research planning for Brands.
- Makes recommendations for research initiatives based on brand/ business needs and strategies.
- Identifies knowledge gaps and proposes research to address significant strategic issues.
- Identifies research methodologies that are appropriate to address the business questions(s), and proactively discusses the design of research with business partners and vendors to enhance strategic value.
- Demonstrates continuous improvement by soliciting feedback, developing a sense of urgency, challenging vendors and evolving the overall research program.
- Negotiates and partners with research suppliers to deliver learning efficiently and effectively.
Engagement with Internal Partners
Maintain high level of engagement with internal partners
- Engages good research ‘process' that improves the relationship between researcher and business partners, bring the business partners into the research process, and helping them understand the decisions of the researcher. Develops strong team-based relationships with internal partners.
- Dedicates an appropriate amount of time to truly understand the business question(s) to properly scope out research, establishes timely and realistic deadlines with business partners and works to meet those deadlines.
- Ensures complete objectivity and superior standards of reporting to executive management.
Market Development and Research
ANPD Nutrition Products
United States > Columbus : RP02 Floor-1
Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf