Sr Engineer III
Description de l'offre
An engineering position is available immediately at Abbott Molecular, a division of Abbott Laboratories. We are looking for a self-motivated engineer to work in the Instrument Product Support team to provide technical support for newly launched Abbott instrument system products for on-market molecular diagnostics applications.
The primary job functions for the role include:
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Completes professional level engineering assignments related to a specific field or discipline. Participates in projects involving the Design, fabrication, validation, and manufacture of complex instrument subassemblies, systems or processes.
- Analyzes, develops, and recommends design approaches required to meet design and production requirements for new or enhanced instruments.
- Compiles and evaluates design and test data, prepares technical specifications, and determines appropriate limits and variables for product, process, or materials specifications.
- Coordinates with technical support personnel to conduct prototype or experimental runs of products or processes.
- Analyze product requirements and other technical specifications to determine if product is performing to requirements.
- Applies the results of reviews of literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of current problems.
- Achieve best practices that meet medical device industry standard, including design control and documentation
- Provide technical support to other Abbott functional areas, including customer service, product quality assurance, commercial operations, new product R&D, and manufacturing operations.
- Interface with product team members, PCB designers, manufacturing or design engineer, R&D, marketing, regulatory (internal) and site engineering.
Bachelor's degree in an engineering or related discipline. Two years' post-secondary education in an engineering field with an additional two years practical engineering or technician experience is acceptable. This education is required to comprehend basic engineering principles in order to apply them to instrument design and product support tasks.
-Four to six years' progressive work experience in a relevant technical field.
-Hands on experience in the following areas
- Laboratory experimentation
- Use of scientific instruments
- Data analysis
-Highly self-motivated, creative and adaptable in developing expertise in multiple fields of discipline and performing various and varying roles in the organization
-Proficiency in technical documentation and oral and written communication skills
-Capable of effectively interfacing with cross-functional team members in achieving common goals
-Familiar with regulatory requirements for the medical device industry, particularly the working experience in design control
-Experience in electrical, mechanical and/or materials engineering applications, such as working knowledge in safety / EMC requirements for electrical equipment (IEC 61326 and IEC 61010) or in plastics molding
-Experience in molecular biology applications
LOCATION:United States > Des Plaines : DP01 Floor-1
TRAVEL:Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf