Specialist Import & Export
Description de l'offre
Primary Job Function
This position is responsible for managing all Import/Export shipment for the Costa Rica Abbott Vascular factory. The position requires detailed and current knowledge of import/export logistics, international freight forwarding, use of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule and Schedule B commodity codes, Costa Rica Free Trade Zone Law and Regulation, Dangerous Goods Regulations. Works with internal customers in managing the inbound and outbound shipment process while maintaining strict compliance. Ensures all related documentation and record keeping is continuously compliant with U.S. and CR Import & Export regulations.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Maintains overall compliance posture in this area.
- Files Export Declarations
- Perform Customs formalities including classification of commodities according to Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), enter the information in the authorized customs system, transmit information to Customs, and coordinate with Customs inspections and internal/external audits. Coordinate with the forwarder, trucking company and carrier in/outbound shipments.
- Maintains up to date, CR Customs, CR Ministry of Health (Precursors, Haz Mat registration forms), FDA and other regulatory data.
- Bachelor degree in Customs Administration, or equivalent
- 1-3 years experience in related field.
- Bilingual English-Spanish
- Zone and Regulations and Costa Rica Customs system (TIC@) knowledge is a must.
- SAP experience a plus.
- FDA related experience helpful, but not required.
- Mat regulations knowledge is a plus
JOB FAMILY:Supply Chain
LOCATION:Costa Rica > Alajuela : AVCR-1
WORK SHIFT:Cr09Sal (Costa Rica)
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Not Applicable