At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Working under general supervision, is responsible for developing medical device software on mobile platform as well as embedded firmware for wireless communication. Work requires the application of theoretical principles and creative/analytical techniques typically acquired in a recognized four-year or more academic course of study. Applies engineering and scientific principles to the evaluation and solution of technical problems. Exercises an appropriate level of technical judgment in planning, organizing, performing software development assignments. Identifies and routinely uses the most effective and best practices in developing high quality software.
- Provide software development support including analyzing software requirement, perform software design and implementation based on design input, perform software unit and bench testing.
- Focus on Bluetooth and other types of wireless communication between mobile platform and implantable medical devices.
- Working in team setting for software prototyping, development and testing. Participating and provide support in system software integration.
- Working under software source control and revision tracked development environment as well as change control system.
- Resolves and/or facilitates the resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence
- Validates equipment and processes as required
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or other related engineering field
- Three plus years of progressively more responsible design and experience preferred
- Broad technical knowledge; expertise in one or more relevant specialties preferred
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
United States > Sunnyvale : 645 Almanor Ave
Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf