Description de l'offre
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Working under general supervision, performs specialized level software project activities in such areas as Development, Tools, Test, Requirements and/or related areas. Assignments may include, but are not limited to, analyzing requirements, planning and scheduling data, updating and maintaining different software specifications based on analysis of specifications, needs and improvements, as well as troubleshooting, debugging, and maintaining of software, test, or tool designs, cases, scripts, procedures, and/or code based on strategic analysis. Work requires the application of theoretical engineering principles, evaluation, ingenuity and creative/analytical techniques typically acquired in a recognized four-year or more academic course of specialized study. Applies engineering and scientific principles to the evaluation and solution of technical problems in a creative manner unique to each study. Exercises level appropriate technical judgment in planning, organizing, performing, and/or coordinating engineering work.
- Working from requirement specifications, develops, maintains, and updates test requirements and design;
- Supports implementation, enhancements, and modifications to test cases, procedures, scripts, and code;
- Debugs, troubleshoots, and isolates software problems and offers strategic advice regarding identified issues for future development;Identifies parameters, structure, and critical test components. Writes, updates, or executes test design, test cases, as well as procedures and reports results
- Contributes to and supports reviews held by other engineers on related projects and provide useful feedback.
- Contributes to and supports a variety of test phase efforts.
- Reviews project deliverables such as specifications, code, and test/tool procedures for feasibility, thoroughness, clarity, correctness, and accuracy.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant engineering discipline, computer science, related engineering field.
- 6 months of related experience.
- Experience with, graphical user interfaces, formal software development methodologies, and source code management is recommended.
- Experience with unit- and integration-level testing and automated testing is recommended.
- Experience with Microsoft Office is required.
- Experience with microprocessor emulators is recommended.
JOB FAMILY:Product Development
DIVISION:CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
LOCATION:United States > Sunnyvale : 645 Almanor Ave
TRAVEL:Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf