Software Engineer I
Description de l'offre
Working under general supervision, performs specialized level software project activities in such areas as Development, Tools, Test, Requirements and/or related areas. Assignments may include, but are not limited to, analyzing requirements, planning and scheduling data, updating and maintaining different software specifications based on analysis of specifications, needs and improvements, as well as troubleshooting, debugging, and maintaining of software, test, or tool designs, cases, scripts, procedures, and/or code based on strategic analysis. Work requires the application of theoretical engineering principles, evaluation, ingenuity and creative/analytical techniques typically acquired in a recognized four-year or more academic course of specialized study. Applies engineering and scientific principles to the evaluation and solution of technical problems in a creative manner unique to each study. Exercises level appropriate technical judgment in planning, organizing, performing, and/or coordinating engineering work.
- As a Development Engineer, may perform the following duties for an assigned area:
- Working from requirement specifications, develops, maintains, and updates detailed design and interface specifications;
- Participates in and supports the implementation, development, enhancements, and modifications to software source code, scripts, and procedures;
- Debugs, troubleshoots, and isolates software problems as well as offers strategic solutions, analysis, and advice regarding identified issues for future development;
- Identifies parameters, structure, and critical test components. Writes, updates, or executes test design, cases, as well as procedures and reports results.
- Presents at design reviews; documents and resolves issues as directed
- Contributes to and supports reviews held by other engineers on related projects and provide useful feedback
- Contributes to and supports a variety of test phase efforts
- May write and update requirement specifications for an assigned area
- Reviews project deliverables such as specifications, code, and test/tool procedures for feasibility, thoroughness, clarity, correctness, and accuracy
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in relevant engineering discipline, computer science, related engineering field
- 6 months of related experience.
- Experience with Java 8 and OO Programming
- Experience in JSP, Servlet and Struts
- Experience with Hibernate and Spring Frameworks
- Experience developing RESTFul Web Services using Apache CXF and Spring MVC Experience working with JMS and JPA
- Experience working on Oracle 12c database including SQL and PL/SQL
- Experience developing applications using JBoss
JOB FAMILY:Product Development
DIVISION:CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
LOCATION:United States > Sylmar : 13150 Telfair Avenue
TRAVEL:Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf