At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Abbott in Ireland
In Ireland, Abbott employs more than 3,200 people across 11 sites. Abbott has six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. It has commercial operations in Dublin and shared services in Dublin and Westport. Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of health care products including diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals. Abbott has been operating in Ireland since 1946.
Abbott Diagnostics Division (ADD) Longford
Abbott established the first diagnostics manufacturing facility in Sligo in 1994 to manufacture blood-screening products and reagents. In 2004, Abbott Diagnostics operations in Ireland expanded with the opening of a second facility in Longford. The plant was first occupied in December 2004. Manufacturing commenced in March of the following year and the first product (Architect TSH) was launched in December of 2005. The Longford facility plays a key role in helping Abbott to meet the increasing global demand for diagnostic testing in areas such as infectious disease, cancer, thyroid and cardiovascular diseases.
Discover why candidates choose a career at Abbott Ireland here
We currently have a vacancy for a Shift Co-Ordinator (Nights) and this role will involve the following:
- Work with Team Leader to manage manufacturing resources to execute Production Schedule responsibilities on time.
- Responsible for scheduling daily activities and will be a point of contact for escalation of issues.
- Coordinates the work in the assigned manufacturing area.
- Acts as a point of escalation for issues.
- Performs administrative activities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the application of the Quality Policy through daily activities.
- Carry out operations in ADD Manufacturing Facility.
- Strong knowledge in the relevant manufacturing process
- Work with Team Leader to ensure employees comply with all company rules and regulations.
- Drive to ensure the area and departmental metric targets are achieved.
- Maintain ETMS To Do List.
- Conduct business in a manner that will protect human health, safety and the environment by complying with all applicable EHS laws, as well as the Abbott Global & Technical Standards.
Supervisory / Management Responsibility
- Does not have direct people responsibility.
- Acts as a coordinator of manufacturing resources and activities.
- The following level of education provides a necessary foundation for this Job function:
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent.
·The following experience provides a necessary foundation for this Job function:
- Relevant experience in the manufacture of diagnostic kits or similar process.
- Expert knowledge in the relevant manufacturing process.
- Reports to a Team Leader. Acts as a point of escalation for Team Leader in Team Leaders absence.
Ireland > Longford : Lisnamuck
Ie - Shftpre3 (Ireland)
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: