At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Primary function includes performing cleaning tasks in various manufacturing areas to maintain quality standards and support the Processing Department objectives.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that production quality is maintained.
- Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Clean manufacturing plant, including overhead piping, drains, floors, walls, ceilings. Clean equipment including tanks, ladders, pallets, carts. Employee must be able to work with a variety of chemicals and personal protective gear (PPE), as well as at heights.
In addition, this operator would be involved in supporting the production process through pulling materials, staging, and supplying to work locations.
- Reads, understands and follows manufacturing documentation and instructions.
- Operates within procedures and product specifications.
- Works with moderate supervision.
- Escalates significant problems to the appropriate level of personnel.
- Maintains product quality and meets production standards.
Follows GMP's, standard operating procedures, and applicable safety rules.
- REQUIRES A HIGH SCHOOL EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT
- ABILITY TO READ AND INTERPRET DOCUMENTS SUCH AS PROCESSING WORK ORDERS, SAFETY RULES, OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS, MAINTENANCE PM's, AND PROCEDURE MANUALS.
- ABILITY TO ADD SUBTRACT, MULITPLY AND DIVIDE IN ALL UNITS OF MEASURE USING WHOLE NUMBERS AND DECIMIALS.
- MUST BE ABLE TO USE CONVERSION FACTORS INVOLVING METRIC AND US MEASURES.
- ABILITY TO CARRY OUT WRITTEN, ORAL OR DIAGRAM FORM INSTRUCTIONS.
- WHEN SYSTEMS MALFUNCTION OR MAJOR PROBLEMS OCCUR, CONTACT SHIFT SUPERVISOR UNTIL A MANAGEMENT DECISION CAN BE REACHED.
- CAN TROUBLESHOOT AND ASSIST IN ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS WHEN NECESSARY TO RESOLVE ISSUES.
- BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTERS AND HUMAN MACHINE INTERFACE (HMI) / TOUCH SCREEN IS REQUIRED.
ABILITY TO SWEEP AND MOP FLOORS, CARRY UP TO 30 LBS., KNEEL, CLIMB STAIRS, AND WORK FROM LIFT EQUIPMENT WITHIN A MANUFACTURING ENVIRONMENT.
ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
United States > Tipp City : Main/Liquid Plant
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf