Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Wecurrently have an opportunity for a Salesforce Solution Architect.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for owning and delivering complex cloud-based solutions using technologies of Salesforce, Heroku and J2EE. The candidate will be responsible for the architecture and design of complex solution components (e.g., integration, security, custom development). The candidate must have strong leading skills in all stages of the software development life cycle.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- The candidate will own reviewing design elements and signing off on the overall technical design.
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the system accurately meets the defined expectations of the business, ensuring that proper testing is implemented, and performance and security requirements are closely monitored by working with the project teams.
- The candidate must also be able to identify and confirm technical design risks and develop mitigating approaches.
- The candidate must also have experience providing level of effort estimates for technical portion of solutions.
- Experience in enterprise-level Salesforce projects using both waterfall and agile software development methodologies throughout the whole life cycle with repeated and demonstrable success
- Expert level understanding of the Salesforce product suite, including Sales, Service, Community, and Marketing Clouds, as well as the Force.com Platform
- Extensive experience with Salesforce configuration, including workflows, validation rules, and security controls
- Experience defining business requirements, writing user stories, and providing detailed Salesforce system and functional designs
- Experience in documenting current state business processes and wire framing system designs using process flow diagram tools, UML, sequence diagrams, etc. as well as making recommendations for future state improved processes and system designs
- Expert level experience defining the system architecture landscape, identifying gaps between current and desired end-states, and delivering a comprehensive solution that will enable achievement of the desired business outcomes
- Experience in designing and developing software components and having a strong background in database design and system architecture
- Experience integrating Salesforce with different business systems, as well as working with integration tools (ETL, marketing automation, reporting, etc.)
- Understanding of programming logic and constructs, specifically in Salesforce, Force.com, Apex Code, Visualforce, SOQL, triggers and their use in software development
- Experience with single-org deployments and multi-org consolidations
- Expert level understanding of environment management, release management, code versioning best practices, and deployment methodologies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, Graduate degree preferred (or equivalent qualification)
- 5+ years direct experience in software development life cycle
- 5+ year experience in Salesforce configuration and implementing CRM systems
- Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of CRM software solutions
- Strong knowledge of CRM software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Preferred, but not a must, Salesforce certification of Platform Developer I and II and/or Platform App Builder, Administrator certification, as well as certification in at least one of following domains: Sales, Service & Marketing Cloud consultant
- Knowledge of Business Process Management (BPM) techniques and tools
- Must have excellent oral and written communication, presenting, meeting facilitation, negotiation, decision making, and problem-solving skills
- Must be a team player as demonstrated through a customer qualification of a large scale/enterprise implementation with multiple work streams
- Experience working with external IT supplier & virtual teams
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with on-boarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
JOB FAMILY:IT Services & Solutions Delivery
DIVISION:GIS Global Information Services
LOCATION:United States > Abbott Park : AP06C Floor-1
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:United States > Minnesota > St. Paul > Lillehei : One Lillehei Plaza, United States > Texas > Austin : 12501B Research Boulevard, United States > Texas > Austin : 6300 Bee Cave Rd Building 2, suite 100, United States > Waukegan : J46 Floor-1
TRAVEL:Yes, 15 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf