Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Receipt Inspection Supervisor – Gurnee, IL
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health. Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are recruiting for a Receipt Inspection Supervisor to join our team within our Infectious Disease Developed Markets (IDDM) business unit located in Gurnee, IL. In this role you will perform work required to ensure Company product quality is maintained at standards set forth by Company Quality System and mandated by regulatory agencies such as the FDA, ISO, and USDA. The focus areas for a Receipt Inspection Supervisor include but are not limited to: overseeing and coordinating the work of Receipt Inspection technicians; enforcing policies, procedures and work rules; manufacturing batch record review and approval. This job has supervisory responsibilities of the Receipt Inspection Technicians and/or Specialists.
· Coordinates and facilitates inspections for all products.
· Plans, assigns and directs the daily work activities in the Receipt Inspection area.
· Works closely with the Receipt Inspection Leads to facilitate timely and accurate inspections.
· Observe all safety policies and report safety incidents in a timely manner.
· Meet regularly with Receipt Inspection staff on an individual level to discuss job performance related topics.
· Ensures the Receipt Inspection department is supporting OpEx initiatives including daily Tier meetings.
· Works cross-functionally to ensure product is inspected and released according to schedule.
· Ensures effective transitions between shifts.
· Initiates and authors Quality Incidents (QI).
· Works closely with Quality Control Manager to ensure all Receipt Inspection objectives are met or exceeded.
· Enhances productivity by uncovering inefficiencies and recommending solutions.
· Trains new and current Receipt Inspection technicians as needed.
· Perform inspections or data review as needed.
· Must perform all duties in a professional manner to ensure a positive team environment.
· Reviews/approves new and revised Standard Operating Procedures as necessary
· Assists Manager in troubleshooting and other projects as necessary
· Provides support for technical and quality issues
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Life Sciences, or another related technical field
· 3+ years of quality control and/or inspection experience within a regulated industry (ie: medical device, pharmaceutical, defense, aerospace, etc) including experience performing quality inspections and knowledge of common measurement tools
· 1+ year of experience in a supervisory position/directly leading a team
· Experience with Lean Manufacturing
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate to all levels of the organization
· Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams in a geographically diverse, matrixed organization
· Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Advanced level degree in Biology, Chemistry, Life Sciences, or another related technical field
· Medical device experience
· Knowledge of sampling plans such as ANSI/ASQ Z1.4 Sampling Plans.
· Experience with GMP, FDA, ISO and USDA regulations.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
United States > Gurnee : J54
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf