Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Quality Engineer Supervisor (NIGHT SHIFT) – Gurnee, IL
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health. Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are recruiting for a Quality Engineer Supervisor (NIGHT SHIFT) to join our team within our Infectious Disease Developed Markets (IDDM) business unit located in Gurnee, IL. In this role provide support for product quality assurance, process improvements, and all quality system programs. This position has supervisory responsibilities of the QE Technicians and/or Specialists.
· Responsible for supporting the work of the Quality Engineering group in their designated responsibilities.
· Responsible for participating in designated Quality Engineer reports, Reviewing qualifications, validations, and other studies for technical content, statistical and sampling rationale, unintended impact and clarity.
· Acting as the Quality representative for qualification and validation approvals for all validated equipment.
· Reviewing and assess from a technical perspective the content of all manufacturing, process, procedure and material changes.
· Assisting in process data collection and analysis, provide training in the use of statistical techniques as needed.
· Acting as a technical resource to assure customer-centric resolution to non-conformances.
· Act as the Quality representative for review and approval of reports and documents associated with change management and may also act as Project Manager for Change Management activities. Supporting development to risk assessments around the changes
· Supporting the development of test and inspection plans.
· This position may lead or participate in site projects or corporate projects
· Providing support to the Operations group as necessary
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Life Sciences, or another related technical field
· 3+ years of experience in a Quality and/or Regulatory role within a regulated industry (i.e. Medical Diagnostics, Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, etc.)
· 1+ year of experience in a supervisory position/directly leading a team
· Working knowledge of FDA, cGMPs/QSR and ISO quality system requirements
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate to all levels of the organization
· Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams in a geographically diverse, matrixed organization
· Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Advanced level degree in Biology, Chemistry, Life Sciences, or another related technical field
· Medical device experience
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
United States > Gurnee : J54
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf