Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
The position of Production Training Coordinator is within our Infectious Disease Developed Markets business unit located at Scarborough, Maine. In this role you will provide administrative support to the production team in order to produce quality products, seek continuous improvement, and achieve established goals and targets for safety, quality, and productivity.
- Works closely with the Production Manager and Shift Supervisor to ensure all production objectives are met or exceeded and lend support on priority projects which may include seasonal ramp up support.
- Responsible for coordinating all training needs and documentation within the assigned production area.
- Responsible for assisting Supervisors with quality incidents (QI’s), tracking quality incident actions and associated trainings.
- Conducting Safety walks/Inspections and tracking associated actions.
- Relate to team members, supervisor and manager in an ethical manner
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Develop and improve training tools to effectively train staff.
- Conduct Production Orientation training and functions that support onboarding of new employees.
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job.
- Perform other duties & projects as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience using CGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practices) and techniques.
- Prior experience providing training
- Post High School certificate from a college or technical school in manufacturing or related field.
- Comprehensive understanding of operational excellence/lean principles and applications.
- Comprehensive understanding of medical device manufacturing.
- Demonstrate literacy and comprehension of standard operating procedures and manufacturing documents such as work orders, batch records and bill of materials.
LOCATION:United States > Westbrook : 5 Bradley Drive
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf