Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Manufacturing/Process Technician. Working under limited supervision, the Technician will troubleshoot process and equipment issues, coordinate and perform repairs, own or participate in projects, develop self-sustaining systems for production, address safety concerns, qualify equipment, updated manufacturing procedures and validation documentation. This Technician in this role will be supporting medical devices in the Hemostasis Introducer area located in Plymouth manufacturing site.
- Builds prototype, engineering, validation, and qualification units for the development of new products and processes.
- Discusses layout and assembly procedures and problems with engineers and draws sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of product units.
- Working with production environment to resolve issues preventing us from maintaining goals.
- Recommends changes to current preventative maintenance procedures and helps make changes to prevent manufacturing downtime.
- Participates in and supports the establishment of test validation plans.
- Sets up standard test apparatus or devises test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production units.
- Interprets test data, analyzes product performance, develops summaries, and assists in the initiation of yield improvements.
- Recommends and address safety concerns through equipment design, prototype and implement or 5S activities.
- Performs IQ/OQ/PQ activities to support introduction of new equipment or processes.
- Performs CO (Change Order) activities to help update Preventative Maintenance (PM) procedures, manufacturing procedures (MP), and drawing updates.
- Assists engineers in the troubleshooting or failed product and production lines.
- Design, develop, coordinate building and testing of prototype tooling to make a process more robust. Drive the project to completion.
- Training other technician and lead by example attitude
- High school diploma or equivalent, and trade school certification, specialized training/apprenticeship and/or equivalent in Electronics, Engineering Technology, or specialized training which provides a theoretical understanding of electronic or electro-mechanical disciplines or equivalent.
- Typically 2-5 or more years of progressively more responsible related work experience required to achieve the level of competency and depth of understanding necessary to perform at this level. Incumbents are required to work cooperatively and productively with others.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attentiveness to detail and the ability to work under limited supervision is required.
- Must be adept at handling multiple assignments in a timely manner while meeting assigned deadlines.
- Must have strong communication skills written and verbal.
Your preferred qualifications and education:
- CAD and machinist experience is a plus but not required.
- Electrical background is a plus but not required.
- Statistical experience is a plus but not required, will train if necessary to assist with basic understanding.
- Laser experience is a plus but not required, will train if necessary to assist with basic understanding.
DIVISION:CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
LOCATION:United States > Minnesota > Plymouth : 5050 Nathan Lane N
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf