Primary Function/Primary Goals/Objectives:
- Provides support to the Manufacturing organization to facilitate the efficient operations within the production area.
- To optimize existing processes (ie. yield, cost glidepath, quality, efficiency), driving complexity to simplicity and to ensure that production goals are met all time. Ensures attainment of level of production and activities on an hour-to-hour, daily, monthly and yearly basis with strong engagement at shopfloor.
- Develops key leading indicator metric and monitors performance of equipment, machines and tools, timely correcting equipment problems or process parameters that produce non-conforming products, low yields or product quality issues.
- Interface cross-functionally with Quality, Engineering, Material, Finance and R&D team, taking lead / participate to integrate new products, machines or processes into existing manufacturing processes.
- Define product cost and standard loss of product families using data analytic and reasonable assumption, ensuring Manufacturing products are setup correctly to meet financial success.
- Ensure manufacturing production requirements are met in terms of utilities, consumables supplies and engineering support.
- Lead / participate in the execution and validation cycle of local capital / non-capital project initiatives, with proper change control management process, managing stakeholders and meeting project commitments.
- Responsible for managing the overall projects/initiatives related to Manufacturing Equipment/process design while ensuring the highest levels of quality.
- Oversees the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing methods, processes and operations for new and existing products.
- Ensures the effective use of materials, equipment and resources in producing quality products at an effective operating cost. Driving 7 waste reduction initiatives from Manufacturing.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and Procedures.
- Initiates and completes technical activities leading to new or improved products or process, for current programs and future excellence roadmap, to meet business strategic goals and objectives of the company.
- Analyze and prepares performance data reports, publishes, technically sound justification, and business presentations to communicate findings, translating opportunities into actions drive.
- Partner with Engineering on the installation, modification, upgrade and maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
- Implement, document and maintain controlled, repeatable production processes. Incorporate business policies and procedures into task completion.
- Development of qualification and validation protocols. Participate in and/or lead throughout qualification and validation activities cycle.
- Interface with other departments and external suppliers for support and address root causes timely, and effectively with the right OPEX tools.
- Understands the business needs of the company with strong financial acumen and has knowledge of the internal / external customer needs of our business.
- Cultivates internal and external network of resources across all sites to support benchmarking exercise and drive actions.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- 1 to 4 years of related Manufacturing and Engineering experience.
- Knowledge in SAP system
- Demonstrated Project / Program / Workstream Management skills
- Able to make fast fact-based decision and react effectively to situation
- Understands engineering principles, theories, concepts, practices and techniques application
- Data driven mindset with strong analytical skills to highlight business findings
- Effective communication to manage internal / external stakeholders and change control process
- Proficient in Advanced Excel, Macro, Minitab, Power Point
- Well versed and practitioner of Operational Excellence / Lean Tools
- Effective problem solver who constantly challenge status quo
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or in related discipline.