Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 130 countries and employs approximately 100,000 people.
We are recruiting for a Controller Eastern Europe to be based in our offices in Zaventem, Brussels.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Country Controller is the closest partner of the Commercial Country Leader and the Regional Controller to drive the financial journey of his or her country, having full responsibility over the P/L in the respective country. Within this role, he/she acts as the key business partner to the above leaders as well as the regional commercial and financial leadership, while constantly ensuring financial compliance with all relevant internal and external standards. With these two responsibilities, the Country Controller drives compliant bottom-line management and has the oversight for all value creation activities in the country scope.
The focus of the role clearly lies in the coordination of value creation and business partnering with the commercial leaders in the region. This includes a deep understanding of latest business developments, while the forward-looking part of
the role should always overweight. The country controller will own the commercial risk management (risks & opportunities transparency) and has the constant responsibility to develop scenarios to offset financial exposures.
The Regional Controller has full transparency into all aspects of the P/L and will involve him-/herself into all drivers of value creation (such as bonus plans, recruitments, investments, projects, payroll, etc.). As part of this full P/L responsibility, the Country Controller will also take the lead in projects across the organizational matrix, driving value creation beyond his/her formal scope, while never taking over the work itself (SSO, CFO, Customer Service, etc.).
- Accountable for the development and the delivery of all LBE commitments during the year (process as well as content). Ensure strong operational discipline for all finance-driven processes across the organization. This includes the top-down guidance of financial requirements to the regions as well as the review and consolidation of feedback from the regions.
- Ensure full financial compliance with all activities in scope.
- Identify needs to data to support decisions and drive the decision making process, ideally to alternative options and scenarios. Enable the commercial leadership to think in the same structure and encourage them to reach out for help.
- Provide ongoing standard analysis on all levels of the P/L, mainly revenue, margin and operating expenses. The
- predominant focus should be on forward-looking analysis and risks/opportunities. Develop mitigation plans where needed
- to offset risks (Development of the “Plan B”).
- Beyond the standard, proactively drive new ways of looking at the results and commitments. Closely collaborate with
- the regional leadership team to drive value creation through FP&A work. Also identify specific projects together with the leadership team to further drive value creation.
- Utilize the benefits of the matrix. Take ownership on all tasks that directly influence the P/L and bring the experts to the table across expertise groups and functions. Help the support groups understand where they can positively influence the
- P/L without feeling responsible to take over parts of their role.
EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor Degree in the Business / Engineering / IT Sciences Major
- Similar work experience of at least 6 years in an international corporate environment is critical to be successful.
- Prior experiences should have been gained in product-related industries, preferably in a Sales & Marketing context. MedTech industry experience is a plus.
- Proven financial influencing skills at management level. Ability to drive change amongst peers and commercial leaders. Strong Business Partnering skills.
- Proven mastery on large data handling and tool-driven data analysis. Strong experiences on Excel and an established data-cube system (Hyperion, Dodeca, etc.).
- Sufficient accounting and compliance experience to set the tone to the overall organization (e.g. Big4 or Internal Audit experience) and to drive changes in SAP and other Accounting-related systems where needed.
- Visible passion for change management
- Fluent (spoken and written) in English and the local office language
- Team player within a matrix organization design
JOB FAMILY:Financial Planning and Analysis
DIVISION:EPHF Electrophysiology & Heart Failure
LOCATION:Belgium : Building Figueras Da Vinci Laan, 11 Box F1
TRAVEL:Yes, 20 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Not Applicable