The Counsel must demonstrate expertise and sound judgment in assigned functional area and understands how assigned responsibilities support business objectives. Understands legal, market, and business dynamics and provides strategic legal services and resolves matters in a manner that effectively manages risk and supports the business in the achievement of its objectives. Able to provide sound, practical advice with decreasing levels of supervision over time. Shows strong corporate experience, easily navigating in internal matrices.
Builds strong relationships with business partners based on trust and respect for legal skills and for consistently providing responsive, practical support. Understands the needs and expectations of stakeholders and leverages relationships to tactfully influence and gain their commitment and support to drive desired outcomes.
Must have a firm understanding of available legal, functional, and business resources and the willingness and ability to reach out to those resources and work together to achieve business results. Be able to break down the boundaries that exist across different functions and work groups, both within Legal and the business. Advocate and demonstrate cross‐functional collaboration to create alignment as necessary.
Effectively handles medium to high complex legal issues related to assigned matters and develops, implements and/or recommends solutions to resolve them. Possesses sound understanding of which issues to elevate and timing for doing so. Anticipates changes in law, enforcement, and/or business objectives and adapts approach as necessary to identify and manage risks effectively. Prioritizes assignments effectively based on risk and business objectives and priorities. Carefully considers reputational consequences of alternative courses of action and counsels clients accordingly. Keeps relevant stakeholders informed and elevates issues as necessary.
Familiar with basic laws and principles related to corporate law, contracting, product promotion, anti‐corruption, competition law, dispute resolution, and attorney‐client privilege. Possesses strong drafting and negotiating skills and the ability to review, interpret, and synthesize information from various sources to achieve superior outcomes.
The Counsel must also contribute to the ongoing development of the practice and procedures of the Legal team.
Negotiation and Contract Law
· Development of new business models and drafting and review of corresponding documents;
· Drafting and/or review of strategic agreements (key clients or suppliers, special projects created by the Divisions, Distribution Agreements);
· Development of pre-litigation strategies and drafting of correspondent documents ( e.g. , notifications, settlements and other documents involving the Divisions and clients, suppliers, distributors, competitors and other stakeholders).
· Work together with the litigation team supporting them in the matters related to the Medical Devices business unit.
· Identification of strategic activities aiming at giving autonomy and reducing risks for the Divisions, and developing corresponding tools ( e.g. , FAQ, guidelines, trainings)
· Leading and participating in meetings with Divisions and supporting functions to discuss practical situations demanding legal review related to business activities and strategic agreements;
· Performance of research and drafting of legal opinions and risk assessments on private law matters;
· Guidance to the team on the structure and content of contracts handled on the contract routine base ;
· Review and approval of marketing campaigns in light of Brazilian Consumer Code and CONAR regulation, such as Consumer Websites, posts for Social Media and promotional materials.
Medical Devices routine
· Support to the Divisions of the Medical Devices Segment Sales in public and private law-related matters, including:
· Drafting and reviewing of medium to high complexity contracts, amendments and terminations, with supervision of Senior Manager;
· Drafting and updating of Templates according to the Business’ needs;
· Participation in meetings with Divisions and suppliers and service providers related to routine agreements;
· Legal opinions on medium-complexity civil matters and contracts management.
· Analysis of issues related to distributors, reporting to Senior Manager.
· Pre-litigation : drafting of notifications to suppliers and service providers;
· Marketing campaigns : Review and approval of marketing campaigns considering Brazilian Consumer Code and CONAR regulation, such as Consumer Websites, posts for Social Media and promotional materials.
Bacharel Complete in Law and fluent english
Operations & Business Support
GENC General Counsel
Brazil > Sao Paulo : Building 1
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: