Description de l'offre
Description du poste
3M is seeking a Production Technician I for the Advanced Materials Division located in Seattle, WA.At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The Production Technician is responsible for performing assigned functions related to all aspects of production volume manufacturing and packaging of glass frits and powders while maintaining strict adherence to safety rules, environmental controls, and production operations and cleaning procedures. The Production Technician has the authority to interrupt processes or activities based upon safety, quality, or productivity concerns pending operations supervisor or other operations management consult and instruction. The Production Technicians are authorized to issue maintenance requests for supervisor authorization.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Work safely and effectively in a heavy industry environment. Routine use of overhead cranes, forklifts, perform repetitive lifting of bagged materials and containers of finished product. Properly wears and maintains personal protective equipment, learn and follow lockout/tag-out rules, and work safely with hazardous materials
· Batching – transport raw materials to batch room, use PLC controlled batching system to weigh raw materials in the correct order, transfer materials to blender, screen to batch hopper
· High Temperature Furnace Operation – safely work around high temperature glass production furnaces. Follow glass melting procedures, calculate time for the next process step, move batch hopper to furnace, either hand scoop into crucible or feed by automated auger system. Be able to detect and respond to problems within the melting process, and take appropriate actions to correct problems
· Safe and effective glasspouring. Preparewater quench tank or roller quencher, use of hydrogen torch to start glass flow, monitor and tune the glass pouring and fritting process, transfer of the product to the drying system
· Frit packaging– move frit from quench tank to storage container
· Inventorying – move storage container to inventory storage location, and locating specific materials in inventory to be processed in the factory
· Mill loading – retrieve material from storage location, weigh out appropriate mill load and place in mill
· Mill sampling – pull 50 ml sample from mill and take to lab
This position will require:
· Working a fixed 2nd or 3rd shift, depending on shift availability
· Working holidays as needed
· Lifting up to 50 lbs. (assisted and/or unassisted)
· Intermittent exposure to high temperature furnaces
This position may require:
· Weekend work
· Working overtime
· Short notice shift coverage
· Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
· Following provided instructions from other employees regarding product specific requirement
· Previous manufacturing experience
Location : Seattle, WA
Relocation: Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
This posting is for a Production Technician I position at 3M Seattle. Qualified applications may be considered when Production Technician I openings occur at 3M Seattle for up to 6 months of the posting of this requisition.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status.)