Description de l'offre
Description du poste
3M is seeking a Production Supervisor for the Abrasive Systems Division located in Ames, IA. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
Job Summary :
The person hired for the position of Production Supervisor will provide leadership and direction to the Production Operations in the Abrasive Converting Departments.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Meeting plant objectives in the area of safety, quality, customer service, productivity and employee morale
· Leads day to day operational decision making and sets long-term goals for the department
· Implements lean methodologies including tier structure, 5S, TPM and changeover reduction
· Establishes the strategic direction for department operations based upon business needs and goals
· Fosters and supports a strong culture in EHS and continuous improvement
· Willing to be available and on call 24/7 to assist with disruptions in the plant to minimize impact to customers
· Willingness to adjust shift as needed for critical business issues.
· Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
· Minimum two (2) years of combined manufacturing and/or production experience in a private, public, government or military environment
· Previous experience in supervision of direct hourly reports
· Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
· Demonstrated success working in a cross-functional environment
· Experience in converting operations including slitting and packaging
· Lean Six Sigma experience
Location: Ames, IA
Travel: May include up to 5% domestic/ international
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).