Description de l'offre
Description du poste
3M is seeking a Production Operator for the Manufacturing Group located in Rockland, MA. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
Job Summary :
The person hired for the position of Production Operator will be responsible for the operation of Slitter equipment (Manual, Semi-Automatic, and Automatic). Produces, inspects, label, package products and meet productivity requirements. Performs quality testing of associated products and makes any necessary processadjustments. The Production Operator is responsible for hoist operation, computer entry work through specified operating systems and compliance with quality and safety procedures. The Production Operator may be expected to have a valid fork truck license in order to transport completed orders to shipping department. Other job duties assigned as needed
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Work safely and follow all safety policies
· Effectively communicate all issues to supervisor or appropriate personnel
· Complete accurately and in a timely manner, all required production reports and quality data entries
· Review Mfg Order schedule and prepare/plan for upcoming production runs
· Plan and execute job setup/changeovers while striving for maximum efficiency and quality output.
· Load and unload material on and off the machine, and pack finished product per job specification.
· Maintain housekeeping at machine areas according to established standards
This position will require :
· Working a fixed 1st, 2nd, 3rd shift and/or a 12 hour fixed shift, depending on shift availability
· Frequent physical demands, including lifting up to 50 lbs.
This position may require :
· Weekend work
· Working overtime
· Working on holidays as needed
· Short notice shift coverage
· Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
· Previous military or working experience in a manufacturing or environment
· Ability to work well in a Team Environment
· Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus
· Skills include computer entries, able to read and follow standard operating procedures
Location : Rockland, MA
Relocation: Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
This posting is for a Production Operator position at 3M Rockland, MA. 3M anticipates that multiple openings for this position will occur over time. Qualified applicants may be considered as Production Operator openings occur at 3M Rockland, MA, and 3M will accept applications for up to 6 months from the posting date of this requisition. Eligible applications will be kept open and active until January 13th, 2019. After that, the posting will be taken down and applicants will need to apply/re-apply for available open postings at that time.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status.)